28 March 2011

Lex-vegas


Ah, my dear Lexington – with your melding of rural and urban, waffling weather, and southern charm I don’t know how anyone leaves you for good.
I am a Lexington, KY native who has yet to find a reason to run away from home.  (For a moment, I thought that love with an Indiana born and bred man might part Lexington and I.  Lexington won.) 
My family and I lived here in Lexington until I was five years old.  At which time, my family moved to the neighboring community of Georgetown.  In my formative years in the suburbs, I always expected that I would not stay in Kentucky.  I was going to be a globe-trotting fashion designer who had no time to marry or have children.
But, as they say – there’s no escaping your roots.  But, for me, as I grew up and returned to Lexington for college, and afterwards stayed to become a proper home-owning, voting, local first consumer, I have realized that I don’t want to escape my Lexington roots.
So, the older I become the more enchanted with and entrenched in Lexington I become.  Frankly, it’s “-er” here; cleaner, safer, and friendlier.  So I say bluegrass is greener grass!  I may just get hitched and give a kid or two Lexington roots.
Go Cats – final four!!!  How's that for hometown pride?

No comments:

Post a Comment